Data is knowledge. Only companies that systematically collect, organise and analyse data can derive advantages from it. You don’t have to be Amazon or Google, but they are the companies that are blazing the trail. By managing huge volumes of data they make themselves cleverer. Thanks to digitalisation, there are plenty of data sources available. The problem is how to analyse it. A clean and well-structured database is crucial. Otherwise the wrong conclusions will be drawn, whether by a human user or by artificial intelligence (AI).
From the content:
- Data changes the world: computers are now understanding language and helping us drive cars. But these new applications are not without risk.
- How to clean data so that a computer can understand it
- The importance of data analysis and what responsible artificial intelligence means
- "AI is a tool": the head of the ETH AI Center of Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Alexander Ilic, explains in an interview what artificial intelligence can and cannot do
- How it came about that Alan Turing invented an intelligence test for computers in 1950 that no computer has ever passed
- Why companies lose when they neglect data analysis
- My best and worst investment of entrepreneurial Chef Fabian Zbinden, who creates vegan instant food